Thursday, February 18, 2010

the flowers and the trees.

Sorry, I don't really have anything for you today. But I am working on hopefully three full posts for tomorrow. In the mean time, please enjoy The Flowers and The Trees, which earned Walt Disney his first Oscar and was the first cartoon in three-strip Technicolor. It also happens to be, in my opinion, one of the most nostalgic bits of video on the internet. For the life of me, I couldn't retell to you any specific memory that I have associated with this cartoon. But I can see the grainy image of it projected upon our old television. I can tell you about the excitement of discovering it on television or the hush that came over us as we watched in awe. That's a magical thing. Our wonderment stems from its status as part relic, part entertainment and part art. It's still worth watching and it's worth passing on to a younger generation.

No comments: