Monday, April 5, 2010

The Craft Contest . . . winner?


Well, Eric (predictably) wins will receive The Craft: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack from The Craft contest. His feeble defense may not hold up to the most stringent tests of logic, but he does receive bonus points for being so fervent. Also, he would actually listen to this album.
Eric said...
This may be the one post you expected to get, and not surprisingly, it comes from the same person that enabled you to view this fine film. I would first like to start of by saying I am slightly offended by the premise that this movie should be “thrown away.” However, I am willing to play along solely for the fact that I have been searching for The Craft soundtrack for years and have not had the good fortune of finding it. Frankly, I am annoyed it was so easy for you to obtain.
I did not purchase this movie but received it as a birthday gift from my brother. There are three reasons I have not chosen to throw it away: (1) Throwing away a gift is not cool and would hurt my brother’s feelings… what are we animals?; (2) Throwing away a brand new DVD is wasteful and giving it to a charitable organization would be morally wrong [I won’t bog the reader down with specifics about this argument]; (3) The Craft came as a double Neve Campbell feature with Wild Things ¬– and as any other avid DVD collector and film enthusiast ¬would understand – breaking apart a highly collectable [sic] set like The Craft/Wild Things double pack would be blasphemy.

Just to point out Eric, Blasphemy: Irreverence towards something sacred. As in, describing the The Craft as a "fine film" is blasphemous, as it is neither fine nor a film unless you are using the most literal sense of the word "film." However, I applaud you for defending your tastes and sticking to your guns. Some may call you a philistine. I call you a hero.

I'll send your CD out today. I've already had somebody ask why I had this CD sitting on my book shelf.

4 comments:

erica said...

wow. It's so funny, and yet, I struggle to laugh out loud. I believe it's because deep down in my heart, I am weeping. Weeping at the thought of prospective barbecues this summer with "the Craft" Soundtrack on repeat...

budger said...

In a world where The Craft is on the CD player . . . we are all losers, erica. Do not weep for me; weep for humanity.

Unknown said...

I believe I'm the only real loser in this wicked game! Thanks a lot Budger! I bind you Budger from doing harm; harm against others and harm against yourself!

budger said...

Ann, I am not LOL-ing. Dark Magic is not something you play around with. My mom taught me that when she warned me that the Ouija board story at the beginning of The Exorcist was true.