Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the queen




A week after her birthday the family finally got together to shower Anita with gifts and go to the Wild Animal Park. I think she might be spoiled. Just that day she got moccasins, a Bill Murray t-shirt, a Nina Simone t-shirt, a guitar, Pink Converse, Red Keds and a kind of creepy looking baby doll. But I had also been inspired by Sweet-Juniper Woodcraft to make Anita a crown for her birthday. With some goading from good friend ExP, I screwed up my gumption, finished my Final ahead of time and dove head first into the project. And by that I mean, I called my good friend APT to help and guide me. We followed the amazingly easy instructions from BalancingEverything.com. It was so simple and, at the risk of losing whatever street cred I had with you, fun. APT was wonderful and accommodating. She is a logistical wizard who foresaw possible obstacles and potential solutions. AND SHE MADE DELICIOUS MEATLOAF FOR DINNER! Can you believe it?
So I meticulously cut the pieces and she ironed, sewed and coordinated pretty much everything else. And while we were crafting, my great old friend EMT, husband to APT, celebrated "Craft Night" by watching . . . The Craft, a movie which he owns. The end results for the crown were about 100 times better than I expected. Anita seemed to love it. She had a wonderful day as you can tell by the last picture up above. So did we all (except those of us unfortunate passengers in the back of my dad's car - 'scared' as Anita would say).

Do your friends help you out in this way? Do your friends do fun stuff like watch The Craft while "crafting"? Do you even know one person who owns The Craft? Are they total weirdos? Seriously, I'd like to know. . .Ok, total tangent and I'm not joking here kids: PacificBirds contest time! In honor of our craft night we are having a The Craft: Original Soundtrack giveaway. I kid you not. Just post here in the comments section why you bought The Craft DVD. Or if somebody gave it to you, then please post your reasoning for not throwing it out. I'll choose the winner based on realism and humor. Let's set the cut-off at Saturday April 3rd at midnight. Include your name and email address. I really only expect to get one response to this, but I've already laughed myself silly by actively searching for The Craft: Original Soundtrack and then purchasing it, so it's totally worth it.

Fine Print: Employees of PacificBirds Corp. ("Sponsor"), each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotion agencies, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households of such employees, are not eligible to participate.

4 comments:

clk said...

I do not own The Craft but I saw it in the theater and watch it whenever it is on cable. Does that make me eligible? I want the soundtrack.

Unknown said...

This may be the one post you expected to get, and not surprisingly, it comes from the same person that enabled you to view this fine film. I would first like to start of by saying I am slightly offended by the premise that this movie should be “thrown away.” However, I am willing to play along solely for the fact that I have been searching for The Craft soundtrack for years and have not had the good fortune of finding it. Frankly, I am annoyed it was so easy for you to obtain.
I did not purchase this movie but received it as a birthday gift from my brother. There are three reasons I have not chosen to throw it away: (1) Throwing away a gift is not cool and would hurt my brother’s feelings… what are we animals?; (2) Throwing away a brand new DVD is wasteful and giving it to a charitable organization would be morally wrong [I won’t bog the reader down with specifics about this argument]; (3) The Craft came as a double Neve Campbell feature with Wild Things ¬– and as any other avid DVD collector and film enthusiast ¬would understand – breaking apart a highly collectable set like The Craft/Wild Things double pack would be blasphemy.

budger said...

Eric, you had me at "fine film". But you lost me at "what are we animals?" You see, we are not animals. We are humans; humans who obey rules to contests. You posted after the deadline and so I should award the CD to CLK. . . Except that the fine print of the rules stated "Employees of PacificBirds Corp. ("Sponsor"), each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotion agencies, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) or households of such employees, are not eligible to participate." So you are both ineligible and I will have to keep the CD for my myself.

budger said...

Ok, I changed my mind. I don't want the CD. Eric wins.