Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's here...




My favorite time of year is finally here! We celebrated the equinox over the weekend (I know it started officially during the week but things were nuts). We had a festive fall feast which consisted of fried chicken, roasted brussel sprouts with gruyere cheese and crispy onions, mashed sweet potatoes with carmelized onions, mac n' cheese and cornbread. Yeah. It was a lot and we have a ton of leftovers so we will celebrating fall for awhile around here. After dinner we tried watching a scary movie, The Strangers, on television but I chickened out. It was creepy. And for me, not the good kind of creepy. So instead we watched the first episode of Ken Burns' National Parks. Awesome.

Happy Fall - let the fun begin!

(Photos: Fake pumpkin patch, the fall colors creeping into the landscape outside my window, The Bird and her uncle at a real pumpkin patch)

No comments: