Monday, September 7, 2009

and now i know



I have always been awed by the mid-century building at 3200 6th Ave.. It's an amazing looking building and the huge windows are like the department store windows of old. So many times I have driven by trying to imagine what the spaces look like inside. How do the tenants furnish them? Well, my questions have been answered. Want to rent one of the streetside apartments with a view of the park? Only $2,200 a month. I will be honest, I am a little disappointed. Not that I wouldn't like to have that kitchen. But, the light wood cabinets, the grey countertops and marble bathroom is just not that appealing to me. However, notice the exposed brick in the bedroom (behind the bed). That is too cool.

Thank you Modern San Diego for answering all my questions. Modern San Diego is one of my favorite blogs and a daily read. I am always impressed with the research done and mid-century architectural knowledge on display. I intend on highlighting a few of my favorite posts from their blog in the future. Thank you Modern San Diego, keep up the good work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

$2200! I'd expect it to be more BUT it will cost you at least 100x that to properly furnish it!!

Unknown said...

Landscape Company Grounded features their work and more pictures of this building on their site at:
http://www.designgrounded.com/?gclid=COjNr82Php0CFRQpawodcjjcbg

when studying algebra at City, one of our study group members lived in this building. Sunday brunch study sessions at his place were dreamy.