Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Anita's Dance Party

We had such a fun and perfect time celebrating A.O.K's 2nd bday. It all started after she woke up from her afternoon nap and I had the house decorated and her presents out. One of her presents was a bean bag which she immediately jumped on and giggled. Then we had popcorn and licorice (her favorite snack) while opening the rest of her presents. For dinner, I made her favorite meal of pizza and we had her absolute favorite treat, ice cream, for dessert. We ate all of this picnic style in our bed, which is her favorite place to be, while watching Fantastic Mr. Fox. Which is fantastic, of course, and she adored it. She was laughing and excited and dancing.

While opening her presents we played a compilation of Anita songs. We started a file when she was born of songs that we noticed she seemed to react to or particularly enjoy. Obviously, the list is heavily influenced by my hubby and I since she is at this point only exposed to the music we listen to (and in my case it is pretty repetitive since I definitely listen to my favorites a lot.) But she loved hearing all of her favorite tunes, one after the other, and was dancing and racing back and forth and enjoying her bday dance party. Since early on she has enjoyed music and has let us know it with either her spontaneous dance moves or by just requesting we play a song again (and again and again) which is how we ended up with the list below...

Anita's Songs

Two Weeks Grizzly Bear
1901 Phoenix
Here Comes My Baby Cat Stevens
Whole Wide World Wreckless Eric
I Think I Need A New Heart The Magnetic Fields
Soldier Boy The Shirelles
Gin Soaked Boy Tom Waits
Baby It's You The Shirelles
Ride On Josephine Bo Diddley
Spotty Grotty Anna The Kinks
White Riot The Clash
Rockaway Beach The Ramones
Nervous Breakdown Black Flag
Sweet Jane The Velvet Underground
Queen Of The World Claudette
Sweet Thing Van Morrison
Little Bird The White Stripes
I Burn Today Frank Black
Apple Blossom The White Stripes
Vicar In A Tutu The Smiths
X Offender Blondie
Here Comes Your Man Pixies
You Don't Own Me Lesley Gore
In Transit Albert Hammond, Jr.

I wish I had pictures to share with you but I am currently having technical difficulties loading pics.

No comments: