Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Give Me Soup




I love me some soup. I can think of nothing better than a comforting, hearty, easy, one pot meal, that leaves you with lots of left overs. I have a bowl of soup at least once a week and if I had my way I would probably eat it everyday. This here is one of my favorite soup recipes. It is incredibly easy and it is so nourishing and good for you. The only thing I do differently is to add the juice of one lemon. I like to freeze a large batch of it and have it on hand when someone is sick because it is the perfect meal when your immune system is on the fritz. I made this soup on Monday since it was cold and I was craving a nice clean meal after the excess and gluttony I experienced over the Mother's Day weekend. I have had it everyday since, including breakfast this morning. Yum.

Oh, and make sure to look around on Elana's site. It is one of my very favorites. All of her recipes are gluten free, which is not something I have a problem with, but I am constantly on her site looking for healthy and uncomplicated recipes and every single one I have tried has been a great success.

Image and recipe via Elana's Pantry

No comments: