Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Had Me At Hello...




Oh my... my weekend was grand. Saturday was super duper rad since I had a girl's day with my #1 girl, which is a rare treat. We went to an artist preview at The Fowler Museum. That part was just okay. The artist was a bit of a disappointment, but the people watching made up for it. We then headed out to do what we do best...eat. We went to the M Cafe which has been on my wish list for awhile and it was very yummy. It is vegan and macrobiotic and delicious and nutritious and all of that. Thumbs up and I look forward to going back. But the best part of the day, the part I had been looking forward to for days, weeks, months... was our trip to Babycakes! It finally opened in L.A. It was radically rad and just plain awesome. I had intended to take a picture of the bakery and of me in it but once I stepped in the doors that all went out the window. I was like a kid in a candy store- who happened to have access to a credit card. I got one of everything. No really, one of everything. Actually, two of some things. Everything was better than I imagined. My personal favorites, if I have to choose, were the Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches (seriously, they are ridiculous), the Cinnamon Donut and the Cinnamon Toastie. I brought home the monster box of treats for my family and hubby thoroughly enjoyed the Red Velvet Cupcake (he said the frosting is the best he has ever tasted) and the little bird enjoyed the Vanilla Cupcake and the Cinnamon Donut as well. I also geeked out a bit because I got to see the girl behind it all, Erin McKenna, behind the counter actually making the donuts. I have a bit of girl crush on her and feel like I practically know her since I have read her cookbook cover to cover many times now and I have been stalking her blog to find out about the L.A. opening. But I think I handled it all pretty well. In fact, my girl #1 made a point of telling me that she felt that I, surprisingly, maintained my composure pretty well. Me, sugar, girl crush - that recipe would normally result in me being a total spaz. Maybe I was all Zen'd out from the macrobiotic lunch or something. Anyway, the point of this rambling post is - Babycakes is Bananas! I love it. I am a little sad the treats are all gone but I have the cookbook to keep me company and I already have a repeat visit planned - February 6! This time with the bros.

No comments: