Monday, January 25, 2010

Conan the attitudinarian?


All I ask of you is one thing: Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

This is the quote of the year for 2010, although it is still early. I have been saying for a while now that optimism is the word of the year for 2010 but this might be the more accurate description. Let's keep our heads down, let's focus on working hard and being kind and being good and let's be optimistic that fortune is a byproduct of such conduct. This is not earth-shattering, but it is worth repeating to myself. You get out of life what you put into it. I'm no longer looking for miracles, I'm just looking for improvement. I can't go wrong.

Good luck to Conan. I am wishing you all the best.

UPDATE: Congrats Conan. I hope there is more to come.

1 comment:

erica said...

this was definitely my favorite part of his speech.