Thursday, December 31, 2009

The of Eve of 10

Goodbye 2009. I can't say I am sorry to see you go. I bid you a bittersweet but enthusiastic farewell. This year I grew closer to some and further from others. I fell more and more in love with my daughter and husband but had to say goodbye to one of the most important people in my life. 2010, I beg of you, please be gentle.

I am looking forward to ringing in the New Year with my dear family. As is our custom, we are preparing a grand feast - Hush Puppies with Pepper Jam, Savory Lobster Bread Pudding and "Drumstick" ice cream sundaes. I told Anita about the ice cream this morning and she hasn't stopped talking about it since. The girl loves her some frozen dairy sweetness. And as we feast we will be re-visiting one of our favorite shows of all time - Deadwood! I can't wait.

I hope you have a wonderful and safe New Year's and that 2010 is the best year ever, for us all!

No comments: